1950 first Formula One winner, Nino Farina – this is such a great racing cars + maths idea.
1976 Viking 2 lands on Mars.
- Here’s a great website to explore the planets;
- here’s a solar system song;
- here’s a colour-in solar system;
- make a mostly edible to-scale solar system and here is one on a toilet roll!;
- here’s solar system hopscotch.
- What about a glow-in-the-dark bath?
- Or solar system computer games?
- Here’s a solar system pairs game.
- Here’s an inflatable solar system;
- LOOK AT THIS CUTE FELT SOLAR SYSTEM!
- AND THIS CROCHETED ONE!
Australia Flag Day – see 26th January.
- V-J Day (China) – see 1st October
- Qatar Independence Day (from UK, 1971)
- San Marino’s Day and Foundation of the Republic – see 28th July
- Zambia Levy Mwanawasa Day (Zambia’s third president, 2002-8, tried to rid country of corruption) – see 24th October