We made Valentine’s Day cinnamon bread:
- melt 75g butter into 250ml milk;
- pour into a mixture of 400g flour, pinch salt, 3-4g dried yeast and 50g sugar.
- Knead for 10 mins.
- The filling is 35g warmed butter, 1tbsp cinnamon and 35g brown sugar.
- Roll out bread dough and spread filling over it.
- Roll up from the two long edges and then pinch the middle to make a heart shape.
- Cut into thick slices and leave to prove in a warm place for 20 mins, then bake at 200^C for 8 mins.
You can also make a bow and arrow out of twigs outside….
or out of cue-tips:
Make Valentine’s Day cards, etc. using quills:
or toilet rolls…
Try these love potions:
Make treats like cupcakes:
Here’s how to make them heart-shaped:
Not in the mood for Valentine’s Day? Other events to inspire your play:
2005 Youtube launched
1819 Christopher Sholes born, inventor of the typewriter – try these typing games.
Arizona Statehood Day – famous for desert and cacti, and the Grand Canyon
Oregon Statehood Day